- Ecotech Training, ACICS accredited via Brightwood College - El Paso, is a registered NABCEP PV Associate Exam Provider.
- As the solar industry continues to grow, a steadily growing supply of qualified solar installers, equipped with a solar certification, will be needed to support the build-out.
- Quality solar training gives employers and customers a degree of certainty that practitioners have voluntarily met the high standards demanded by those who work in the industry.
- This solar energy training course was designed using industry-standard learning objectives.
- Participants will gain solar thermal installation skills that can immediately be applied in the field.
- The solar energy industry is one of the fastest growing sectors in the nation* - it pays to become a solar installer.
Solar Thermal Training
Ecotech Training’s Solar Thermal Training is designed to the professional standards of excellence set forth by the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP). This course is designed to introduce solar thermal energy theory and prepare participants to pass the NABCEP Solar Thermal Associate Exam.
Why Take This Course
What You’ll Learn
his Solar Thermal Training course will prepare students to successfully pass the NABCEP Solar Thermal Associates Exam, as well as prepare students with the base knowledge and skills necessary to start their career in the solar industry.
Day 1 Course Outline:
- Section 1: Movements of the Earth Affecting Solar Potential
- Section 2: Heat Transfer
- Section 3: Principles of Collecting and Transferring Heat
- Section 4: How to Measure Heat
- Section 5: Calculating Heat Loss
- Section 6: Types of Heat Collection
- Section 7: Introduction to Thermal Systems
- Section 8: Introduction to Residential and Commercial Systems
Day 2 Course Outline:
- Section 9: Direct vs. Indirect Systems
- Section 10: Laminar vs. Turbulent Flow
- Section 11: Job Site Safety
- Section 12: Solar Mounting Hardware and Techniques
- Section 13: Heat Exchangers
- Section 14: Series vs. Parallel
- Section 15: Heat Loss
- Section 16: Types of Pipe and Pipe Sizes
- Section 17: Pressure Differential
- Section 18: Stratification
- Section 19: Portrait vs. Landscape Orientation
- Section 20: Dip Tube Placements
- Section 21: Type of Insulation
Day 3 Course Outline:
- Section 21: Differential vs. Set Point Controls
- Section 22: Freeze and Overheat Protection Strategies
- Section 23: Solar Thermal Verbiage
- Section 24: Introduction to Radiant Heat
- Section 25: Installation Techniques
- Section 26: Types of Storage tanks
- Section 27: Residential vs. Commercial Designs
- Section 28: Connecting Solar Thermal to Heating Systems
Day 4 Course Outline:
- Section 29: Common Mistakes
- Section 30: Calculations of BTU / Heat Loss / System Sizing / Production / ROI
- Section 31: SRCC Certifications / OG 100 vs. OG 300
- Section 32: Heat Transfer Materials
- Section 33: Permits and Codes
- Section 34: Installation Techniques
- Section 35: Course Review
- 32 hours of live classroom and hands-on solar thermal training (for dedicated sessions only)
Ecotech Training Pass Guarantee: If you do not pass the NABCEP PV Associate Exam on your first try, you may retake the course at no additional cost.
Ecotech Training’s Solar Thermal Training course prepares and qualifies participants for the nationally recognized NABCEP Solar Thermal Associate credential. For full details on how to qualify for, obtain, and maintain the credential visit www.nabcep.org.
How Much Work is Available for Solar Installers?
The solar industry has been doubling in size every year for the past four years, and this trend is expected to continue*. There are over 170,000 professionals in the solar industry.
Why Get Certified?
The NABCEP certification shows that you have a basic level of experience, as well as in-depth knowledge and training in solar thermal system design and installation. This is not required when looking for employment, but can sometimes be the deciding factor between otherwise equally qualified candidates.
Live Training Course$1795.00
- 32 hours of live classroom and hands-on solar installation training for your group or business.
- Potential for NABCEP CEUs
- Ecotech Training Pass Guarantee: If you do not pass the exam on your first try, you may retake the course at no additional cost.
* This class is eligible for student financing to help spread out the cost of enrollment.Call 888.450.4684 for more information