- Employers and customers expect NABCEP Certification for their solar sales professionals, and certification is often required for homeowners to qualify for installation incentives and rebates.
- This course provides 32 hours of training towards the requirements to sit for the NABCEP PV Technical Sales Professional exam
- This course will provide you with the skills to create and execute solar sales proposal and improve your ability to do a PV solar system estimate and explain all the benefits to the customers
- You can enter this course as an absolute beginner, and you will leave with the advanced knowledge needed to stand out as an experienced and qualified solar design and sales professional.
- You will gain solar sales skills that can immediately be applied to the field
- The solar energy industry is one of the fastest growing sectors in the nation
Solar Sales Mastery Course
Ecotech Training’s Solar Sales Mastery course was designed to the standards of excellence put forth by the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP). This course will provide students with the design and sales needed to become solar professionals, as well as prepare them for the NABCEP PV Technical Sales Professional Exam.
Why Take This Course
What You’ll Learn
Ecotech Training’s Solar Sales Mastery Course begins with the 18-hour PV Associate course and 32-hour Solar PV Design and Sales online course. Then, you will get access to the 40-hour Advanced Solar Photovoltaic course to get an understanding of advanced design principles.
- Provide a brief introduction and history of solar energy
- Confidently explain the electrical design of solar systems
- Go in depth into solar theory and design considerations
- Objection handling techniques
- Understand solar mechanical design
- Estimate presentation & calculations provided in Excel
- Understand the economics and incentives behind solar installs
Section 1 Course Outline:
- Section A1: Analyze Electric Bill
- Section A2: Perform Remote Site Assessment
- Section A3: Identify Customer Needs
- Section A4: Perform Ball Park Estimate
- Section A5: Identify Jurisdictional Issues
- Section A6: Manage Customer Expectations
Section 2 Course Outline:
- Section B1: Inspect Electrical Service
- Section B2: Identify Locations for System Components
- Section B3: Assess Mounting Location
- Section B4: Perform Shade Analysis
Section 3 Course Outline:
- Section C1: Select Appropriate Equipment
- Section C2: Determine Equipment Location
- Section C3: Plan System Layout
- Section C4: Perform String Sizing
- Section C5: Determine Breaker Size or Supply Side Connection
Section 4 Course Outline:
- Section C6: Determine Mounting Method and Tilt Angle
- Section D1: Explain Types of Incentives and Net Cost
- Section D2: Explain Types of Utility Rates and Net Electric Bill Savings
- Section E1: Calculate Financial Analysis
Section 5 Course Outline:
- Section E2: Evaluate Appropriate Financing Options
- Section F1: Calculate/Quantify Environmental Benefits Proportional to Estimated Production
- Section F2: Describe Non-Financial Non-Environmental Benefits
- Section G1: Calculate Production
- Section G2: Identify Factors That Degrade System Performance Over Time
- Section H1: Create Minimum Acceptable Proposal
- Section H2: Include Additional Elements as Applicable and/or Appropriate
- 32-hour online PV Design and Sales course
- 18-hour online Associate course
- 40-hour online Advanced Design & Installation course
- 70 practice questions for the NABCEP PV Associate Exam in the course
- 50 practice questions for the NABCEP PV Technical Sales Professional exam
- 32 contact hours towards the requirements to sit for the NABCEP PV Technical Sales Professional exam
Ecotech Training Pass Guarantee: If you do not pass the NABCEP PV Technical Sales Professional Exam on your first try, you may retake the course at no additional cost.
Ecotech Training’s PV Associate course prepares and qualifies participants for the nationally recognized NABCEP PV Associate credential. For full details on how to qualify for, obtain, and maintain the credential visit www.nabcep.org.
Ecotech Training’s Solar PV Technical Sales course prepares participants to earn the nationally recognized NABCEP PV Technical Sales Professional Certification. For full details on how to qualify for, obtain, and maintain the certification visit www.nabcep.org.
Ecotech Training’s Advanced Solar Design and Installation course prepares participants to earn the nationally recognized NABCEP PV Installation Professional Certification. For full details on how to qualify for, obtain, and maintain the certification visit www.nabcep.org.
Why Get Certified by NABCEP (North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners)?
The NABCEP PV Technical Sales Professional Certification is a higher level certification that shows you have a significant level of experience, as well as in-depth knowledge and training in solar system technical sales. This is not required when looking for employment, but is often looked for when becoming a project leader on solar proposals.
I completed the PV system mechanical design module the other day. Then the next morning our solar installation company Positive Energy NY headed off to do a residential roof mount in Schenectady and I felt on top of my game because all the racking was fresh in my mind and it definitely showed. We used a Unirac rail system and I knew the ins and outs of how it all fit together; the install went very smoothly