- Ecotech Training’s Online Solar PV Advanced Training provides 40 of the 58 required advanced solar training hours for the NABCEP PV Installation Professional Certification Exam.
- As the solar industry continues to mature, employers and customers are beginning to expect advanced training for installers.
- Participants in this course will have the opportunity to gain the advanced knowledge needed to stand out as a trained and qualified solar installer, business owner, project manager or system designer.
- This solar energy training course was designed to cover the NABCEP PV Installation Professional Job Task Analysis.
- Participants will gain solar installation skills that can immediately be applied in the field.
- The solar energy industry is one of the fastest growing sectors in the nation-it pays to become a solar installer.
Solar PV Advanced Training
Ecotech Training’s Solar PV Advanced Training was designed to the professional standards of excellence set forth by the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP). This course will provide participants with advanced solar installation skills and knowledge needed, and the training hours required, to be eligible for the NABCEP PV Installation Professional Exam.
Why Take This Course
What You’ll Learn
Ecotech Training’s 40-hour intensive Solar PV Advanced Training course covers a wide range of topics, including current industry standards for photovoltaic system design and installation best practices.
Section 1 Course Outline:
- Section A1: Verify System Design
- Section A2: Review Site Survey
- Section A3: Confirm System Sizing
- Section A4: Review Design of Energy Storage Systems
- Section A5: Confirm String Sizing Calculations
- Section A6: Review System Components
- Section A7: Review Wiring and Conduit Size Calculations
Section 2 Course Outline:
- Section A8: Review Overcurrent Protection
- Section A9: Review Fastener Selection
- Section A10: Review Plan Sets
- Section B1: Conduct Pre-Construction Meetings
- Section B2: Secure Permits and Approval
- Section B3: Manage Project Labor
- Section B4: Adapt System Design
Section 3 Course Outline:
- Section B5: Manage Project Equipment
- Section B6: Implement A Site-Specific Safety Plan
- Section C1: Mitigate Electrical Hazards
- Section C2: Install Grounding Systems
- Section C3: Install Conduit and Raceways
- Section C4: Install Electrical Components
- Section C5: Install Circuit Conductors
Section 4 Course Outline:
- Section C6: Install Utility Interconnections
- Section C7: Install Utility System Instrumentation
- Section C8: Install Battery Components
- Section D1: Install Equipment Foundations
- Section D2: Install Mounting System
- Section D3: Install PV Modules
- Section E1: Test the System
Section 5 Course Outline:
- Section E2: Commission the System
- Section E3: Complete System Documentation
- Section E4: Orient Customer to System
- Section F1: Conducting Maintenance and Troubleshooting
- Section F2: Perform Visual Inspection
- Section F3: Verify System Operation
- Section F4: Verify Effectiveness of Corrective Action
- 40-hour online self-paced course
- 70 practice questions for the NABCEP PV Installation Professional Certification Exam in the course
- 40 Advanced Contact Hours toward the NABCEP PV Installation Professional Exam
Ecotech Training’s Solar PV Advanced Training course prepares participants to earn the nationally recognized NABCEP PV Installation Professional Certification. For full details on how to qualify for, obtain, and maintain the certification visit www.nabcep.org.
How Much Work is Available for Solar Installers?
The solar industry has been doubling in size every year for the past 4 years, and this trend is expected to continue. There are over 170,000 professionals in the solar industry.
Why Get Certified?
The NABCEP PV Associate credential shows that you have a basic level of experience, as well as in-depth knowledge and training in solar system design and installation. This is not required when looking for employment, but can sometimes be the deciding factor between otherwise equally qualified candidates.
I found Ecotech Training online. Based on the reviews, I decided Ecotech would be the best choice. The instructor [Mike Hopper] was brilliant. I have attended a multitude of training sessions in a variety of work programs, but rarely have I met someone who was so knowledgeable in their field of study. After completing the course, I was able to diagnose a non-functioning inverter in one of my solar arrays on my ranch. The array had not produced in three months. I was able to repair the most significant issues in about 30 minutes. The array and inverter are now functioning and producing power for my cabin. This alone was worth my taking the class.