- Government incentives are beginning to focus on multifamily buildings as a major opportunity for energy savings.
- The BPI Multifamily Building Analyst Certification is one of the few credentials eligible for commissioning large buildings as part of mandatory regulations in major cities like New York and San Francisco.
- Participants will gain energy efficiency skills that can immediately be applied in the field.
- This course can be taken conveniently online.
BPI Multifamily Building Analyst
Ecotech Training’s BPI Multifamily Building Analyst course aligns with the professional standards set forth by the Building Performance Institute (BPI). This advanced energy auditor training will provide individuals with the knowledge, skills, and certification preparation needed to excel in the multifamily energy performance industry.
If you are interested in BPI Multifamily Building Analyst training, please contact us directly at 646.723.4522 for more details.
Why Take This Course
What You’ll Learn
Ecotech Training’s Multifamily Building Analyst training teaches participants the standards and practices for energy auditing large housing complexes with multiple family units.
- Understand the various types of building systems found in multifamily buildings, including their components and functions.
- Know how to complete a comprehensive BPI compliant multifamily building assessment.
- Be able to conduct safety and performance tests to assess system conditions and identify savings opportunities
- Pass the BPI Multifamily Building Analyst (MFBA) written exam.
- Section 1: Introduction
- Section 2: Overview of the MFA Auditing Process
- Section 3: Pre-Site Visit Collection and Analysis of Data
- Section 4: Site Visit Considerations
- Section 5: Analysis of Building Envelope Diagnostics and Improvements
- Section 6: Heating System
- Section 6B: Diagnostics and Improvements of Heating Systems
- Section 7: Combined Heat and Power
- Section 8: Ventilation Systems
- Section 9: Cooling Systems
- Section 10: Water Systems
- Section 11: Electrical Systems
- Section 12: Lighting Systems
- Section 13: Utility Rate Structures
- Section 14: Utility Analysis and Modeling
- Section 15: Cost Estimation and Economic Analysis
- Section 16: Organization and Presentation of the Report
- Option of live or webinar based training
- Review session with over 100 practice questions
- All exam fees, written and practical exam scheduling
Ecotech Training Pass Guarantee: If you do not pass the certification exam on your first try, you may retake the course at no additional cost.
Ecotech Training’s BPI Multifamily Building Analyst course prepares participants to earn the nationally recognized BPI Multifamily Building Analyst Certification.
Here are the steps to become eligible for, and successfully pass, the BPI Multifamily Building Analyst exam:
Step 1: Training
Take a BPI Multifamily Building Analyst course with Ecotech Training.
Step 2: Exam
The BPI Envelope Professional exams will be provided directly after the course.
In order to pass the written and field exam you will need to do the following:
- Take a 100-question written exam and field exam that covers the fundamentals of building science as well as knowledge specific to the certification being attempted.
- Complete the application exam successfully, with an overall score of 70% or higher.
Step 3: Certification
The process time for exam results are 4-6 weeks.
Step 4: Recertification
Consult the BPI Certification Renewal Policy to maintain your certification.
Why Get A Multifamily Building Analyst Certification?
Moreover, new regulations, such as Local Law 87 in New York, will require all buildings over 50,000 square feet to get a comprehensive energy audit over the next decade. The BPI Multifamily Building Analyst is one of the few certifications that are eligible to complete these audits. Similar regulations are being passed in nearly every major city in the United States.
What is Involved in the Exams?
The 100-question written exams are administered after completion of your online training. The field exam is an online practical test of a full energy audit with detailed pictures and other images.
Great Experience. I do not hesitate in saying that Ecotech Training Education changed my life. I was unemployed and unhappy last year, and after Ecotech Training Education helped me find a great funding opportunity, I enrolled in their Newark, NJ Building Analyst / Envelope & Shell Professional Combination course. A year later, I am employed and my employer just paid for me to enroll in Ecotech Training Education’s Solar PV Bootcamp course. I can not recommend this company’s training more