- Participants will gain a comprehensive understanding of the all the knowledge and skills needed to be a certified energy auditor, while saving time and money on training.
- The BPI Building Analyst Certification is required in order to apply to become a BPI Goldstar Contractor.
- Participants will gain energy auditing skills that can immediately be applied in the field.
- The home energy performance industry is one of the fastest growing sectors in the nation.
BPI Building Analyst/Envelope Professional Combo Course
Ecotech Training’s BPI Building Analyst/Envelope Professional Combo course aligns with the professional standards set forth by the Building Performance Institute (BPI). This combination course will provide individuals with the knowledge, skills and certification preparation needed to excel in the home energy performance industry.
Why Take This Course
What You’ll Learn
Ecotech Training’s intensive BPI Building Analyst/Envelope Professional Combo combines our BPI Building Analyst training and Envelope Professional training into a concise program.
- Have an understanding of the various types of systems within a home, their components and functions, and how they interoperate.
- Know the process of completing a BPI energy audit to Building Analyst Standards and be able to communicate this to customers.
- Be able to conduct safety and performance tests to assess system condition, identify savings opportunities, and prepare a work scope with meaningful, cost-effective retrofit solutions.
- Understand the installation process of ALL suggested and installed work scope measures and inspect for accuracy.
- Pass the BPI Building Analyst and Envelope written and field exams.
- Section 1: What is BPI?
- Section 2: Building Science Basics
- Section 3: Energy and the consumer
- Section 4: Energy Basics
- Section 5: Degree Days
- Section 6: Building Envelope
- Section 7: Diagnostic Procedures
- Section 8: Windows & Doors
- Section 9: Air Leakage
- Section10: Finding Air Leaks
- Section 11: Air Sealing
- Section 12: Duct Leakage
- Section 13: Insulation
- Section 14: Basements & Crawlspaces
- Section 15: Lighting & Appliances
- Section 16: Home Heating Basics
- Section 17: Combustion Heating
- Section 18: Water Heating
- Section 19: Cooling Systems
- Section 20: Health & Safety
- Section 21: Combustion Appliance Testing
- Section 22: Audit Process
- Section 23: Optional Slides
Field Training Outline:
- AM - Field Training - Audit Demonstration
- PM - Field Training - Candidate Audit Hands-On
- 8:00 am-10:00 am Review for Written Test
- 10:00 am-12:00 pm Online Test
- 1:00 pm-5:00 pm Field Test (2-hour slots)
Extra testing, if needed
- 9:00 am-5:00 pm Field Test (2-hour slots)
*Testing will be provided through a third-party BPI Testing Center. All scheduling and testing fees will be covered by your tuition.
- 2 days of classroom training and 8 hours of live field training
- Ecotech Training Field Documents
- Ecotech Training Student Manual
- Live review session with practice questions
- All BPI exam fees and scheduling
- 20-hour BPI Building Analyst/Envelope Professional Combo online course
- Instructor-led training videos covering all topics you need to master to successfully pass your online and field exams
Ecotech Training Pass Guarantee: If you do not pass the certification exam on your first try, you may retake the course at no additional cost.
Ecotech Training’s BPI Building Analyst/Envelope Professional Combo course prepares participants to earn the nationally recognized BPI Building Analyst Certification as well as the BPI Envelope Professional Certification.
Here are the steps to become eligible for, and successfully pass, the BPI Building Analyst and Envelope Professional Certification exams:
Step 1: Training
Take a BPI BA/EP Combo course with Ecotech Training
Step 2: Exam
The BPI Building Analyst and BPI Envelope Professional exams will be provided directly after the course.
In order to pass the written and field exam, you will need to do the following:
- Take a 100-question written exam and field exam that cover the fundamentals of building science, as well as knowledge specific to the certification being attempted.
- If you are seeking more than one certification, then you would also take a 50-question exam in the certification designation, plus complete the field exams.
- Complete the application exam successfully, with an overall score of 70% or higher.
- Complete the Combustion Appliance Zone (CAZ) and Carbon Monoxide (CO) sections of the field exams with a grade of 85% or higher.
Step 3: Certification
The process time for exam results are 4-6 weeks.
Step 4: Recertification
Consult the BPI Certification Renewal Policy to maintain your certification.
Why Get BPI Certified?
Simply put, BPI Certification makes you a more attractive candidate for employment. Moreover, BPI certified auditors can point to their certification as an assurance of quality for customers. There are many low-cost, low-benefit options available for home owners. These certifications will allow you to justify a higher-cost, high-benefit service.
When and Where Do the Exams Take Place?
The 100-question written exams are administered after a morning review on the second day of training. Each field exam is a 2-hour one-on-one exam proctored by a BPI Testing Center taken in a 2 hour slot in the days following training in a field house nearby your training location. Remember, this course includes two certification exams.
Due to some exciting changes, we have temporarily postponed enrollment in both our live and online courses. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you but are very pleased to see you taking these first steps toward achieving your educational goals! If you would like additional information, please call 888-450-4684 to speak with a customer service representative.
Great Experience. I do not hesitate in saying that Ecotech Training Education changed my life. I was unemployed and unhappy last year, and after Ecotech Training Education helped me find a great funding opportunity, I enrolled in their Newark, NJ Building Analyst / Envelope & Shell Professional Combination course. A year later, I am employed and my employer just paid for me to enroll in Ecotech Training Education’s Solar PV Bootcamp course. I can not recommend this company’s training more